A few quick updates from the President
Take care of our signs
One of our yellow “Caution” signs is missing. We are in the process of replacing this sign but for now, please ensure that the one Caution sign is at the top of the path (as close to the road as you can manage) and a yellow Warning sign is placed near the rope by the small carpark.
Please be very sure to take ALL SIGNS inside when closing the club so we do not lose any more of them!
The wood chips piled near the outdoor clubroom are still there, and the TMA are working with more pressing damage issues around the region. Please take care, keep clear, and do not climb/play on the wood chips or on the downed tree on the other side of the range.
A reminder about our rules
Thank you for being great at following our range rules and enabling safety. Don’t forget about our other rules/policies including our Visitor and Casual Shooting policy. Find these on our website: https://mgac.org.nz/policies/
Thanks to everyone who helps keep the club running, keeps organising development activities, and gets this update out! So much effort goes into this. Thank you.
At the club this week
I hope you are all well and safe following the devastation caused by Cyclone Gabrielle this week. Luckily the Maunga does not appear to have sustained any further damage and activities at the outdoor range can continue as planned.
- Sat 9am – Public Beginner Course – Note this is a public booked course (not for members), however the range will be open at this time for members who want to shoot alongside.
- Sat 1pm Club Shoot – keyholder Graham Sohn – open to all members to shoot casually – come practice your favourite round!
- Sun 9am Youth line & 11am MAGS line resuming – Unfortunately last week’s welcome back to our youth members was cancelled due to the weather, So, welcome back to all our youth archers! Hope you had a good summer holiday and looking forward to seeing you all again on Sunday mornings.
- Sun 1pm ADAA600 – We are hosting the first ADAA 600 Round for 2023 at our outdoor range this Sunday from 1pm. This is a shoot held once a month in an Auckland-based target club and is open to all members of any club to participate. It is an incentive for novice and intermediate archers to grow in skill and practice, and meet other members of other clubs. It is free for anyone to join. The shoot is 90 arrows at 30 metres. Find out more on the ADAA website.
- Keyholders can open the range at other times during the week and evenings. To keep up with this please see our MGAC Outdoor Range Availability group on Messenger.
Good luck to everyone shooting in the Devious Double tournament at Auckland Archery Club this weekend and to all our College Sport archers shooting the Ranking Round on Wednesday!!
Keep an eye on the club Calendar and remember you can subscribe to this from your phone or tablet so can easily find updated information.
Interclub Challenge – Sat 25 Feb
*Anyone* is welcome to take part. You do not need to be part of a pre-named team. The round is a Canadian 900; details here. We must have at least 9 people shooting to keep the club competing in this challenge so please give it a go.
You can shoot this at any time *on this date* when the range is available, just make sure the round is witnessed and send me a copy of the scoresheet (or leave the scoresheet for me to collect).
Achievement Round – Sat 25 Feb
Open to all club members. It is an incentive for Novice and Intermediate archers to grow in skill, practice shooting at further distances, and meet other members of the club. If you are comfortable shooting at 30m and want to push out to 40m+ come along and give it a go and earn your MGAC Ribbons!!
BAP Program – Sat 4 Mar
Available to all club members (youth and senior). Run by Geoff Sauvarin. Based on the World Archery Beginners Awards Program (BAP) – to progress archers from the White Arrow (beginner course level) through the rest of the WA Arrows (Black, Blue, Red, Gold Arrows). Each Arrow has a skill/technique component along with a scoring requirement at advancing distances from 10-30 m.
Save the Date – Club Target Champs for 2022/2023 season
Sunday 26 March – details to follow
Keep in touch
- Club Facebook page
- Reach the club on Messenger or at email@example.com.
- Send anonymous feedback anytime