At the club this week
Sat 17 June 1pm Club Shoot keyholder: Hajar Sadek
- Sat 9am – Public Beginner Course – Note this is a public booked course (not for members), however the range will be open at this time for members who want to shoot alongside.
- Sun 9am Youth line & 11am MAGS line
- Sun 1pm ADAA 600 – We are hosting the ADAA 600 Round at our outdoor range this Sunday from 1pm. This is a shoot held once a month in an Auckland-based target club and is open to all members of any club to participate. It is an incentive for novice and intermediate archers to grow in skill and practice, and meet other members of other clubs. It is free for anyone to join. The shoot is 90 arrows at 30 metres. Find out more on the ADAA website.
- Keyholders can open the range at other times during the week and evenings. To keep up with this please see our MGAC Outdoor Range Availability group on Messenger.
Save the Date – 2023 AGM – 22 July
Saturday 22 July 1-3pm
Ferndale House , 830 New North Rd, Mt Albert
AAC Clout Champs
As clout is not something archers get to shoot very often, Auckland Archery Club would like to extend an invitation to all our members to join them when they are shooting their club champs event this weekend – Sunday 18 June
Non AAC members won’t be competing as part of their club champs, but it is a great opportunity to try something different.
Please see the attached flyer which has a link to the registration form and account details for payment.
MGAC Club Indoor Champs – Sun 16 July
All MGAC members are encouraged to participate, regardless of age or ability. This event will take place on a Sunday and as such will replace the Youth and MAGS lines for the day.
Sunday 16th July – Indoor Club Championships @ MGAC Indoor Range (Waitakere Badminton Centre)
Entry Fee is $10 per person
Entry Form – https://forms.gle/YqeV9joiF5xteXex5
Rounds to be shot: Single WA18m Round (60 arrows)
2 Flights will be run (more to be added if required)
AM: arrive 9am for 9:30am start (expected finish ‐ 11:30am)
PM: arrive 12noon for 12:30pm start (expected finish ‐ 2:30pm)
Novice division will shoot 60cm target face; all others will shoot 40cm face as per current Archery NZ shooting rules.
ADAA Indoor Champs – 29/30 July
Event details are on ArcheryOSA. The round is a single WA 18 (60 arrows in total, at 18 metres, on 40 cm faces). This is our Auckland District Indoor Championships so let’s make sure MGAC is at the top of the podiums as usual! Four flight times are offered so you can choose your session to shoot the event during the weekend.
– Flight 1 – Saturday morning 9am
– Flight 2 – Saturday afternoon 1pm
– Flight 3 – Sunday morning 9am
– Flight 4 – Sunday afternoon 1pm
Shore Archery Club is hosting this event at our Indoor Range.
Oceania Postal Challange
Club Shoot on 24 June
The Oceania Challenge is a free international competition for archers in Oceania to take part in without leaving the country, and a fun way to round out the season before we all head indoors.
This is open to all Archery New Zealand Members (now part of your club membership) and can be shot at any club ground during the month of May/June.
You may compete more than once but only one result may be submitted.
Full guidelines attached for your reference.
Please ensure you have entered the event via ArcheryOSA.
ADAA Youth Team Tournament
The Auckland District Archery Association would like to welcome your youth archers to a fun half-day tournament at Shore Archery Club on Saturday July 15 from 9am to 1pm – fun target team event and BBQ lunch to follow.
See the attached information sheet and the entry form. Mixes of bow-types and ages recommended, and there will be spot prizes for best costume, best team name, and other prizes on the day.
The targets are a mix of fun and challenging and in no way a “proper”, should be fun day!!
Keep in touch
- Club Facebook page
- Reach the club on Messenger or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send anonymous feedback anytime