Sat 24 September 1pm Club Shoot keyholder: Nicky Luis
- Sat 1pm – Achievement Round – open to all club members. Run by Richard Sheib. It is an incentive for Novice and Intermediate archers to grow in skill, practice shooting at further distances, and meet other members of the club. If you are comfortable shooting at 30m and want to push out to 40m+ come along and give it a go and earn you MGAC Ribbons!!
- Sun 9am Youth line and 11am MAGS line – It is fantastic to see both of these lines growing in numbers. Due to the increased activity with our youth members there may be limited space for casual shooting at this time. Please be kind to our coaches and note that you may have to shoot as a single line if the range is full.
Good luck to all those traveling to Lakeview for the ADAA Field champs this Sunday. Holding thumbs the weather stays clear.
Keep an eye on the club Calendar and remember you can subscribe to the .ical link from your phone or tablet so can easily find updated information.
Auckland District Season Opening Day – Sun 2 October
The Auckland District Archery Association is proud to present the Target Season Opening day for Auckland 2022.
Hosted by Shore Archery Club, this is a chance for all archers in the district to get together and welcome in the summer archery season.
The shoot will be a Canadian 900 and Short Canadian 900 so that all clubs can have the chance to pit their best teams against each other for the start of the outdoor Postal League for Archery NZ.
This is a free event for all archers in the district to come along, meet and greet each other and start the season with a fun event.
9.30am Welcome and First Arrow
10am (approx) start shooting
12.30pm (approx) BBQ lunch
Details of the round to be shot can be found here
NOTE: this is also the first round for the InterClub Series for 2022-2023. If you are not coming to the opening day event, then you can shoot the InterClub round at our range *on the same day* (as long as it is witnessed by another senior archer)
Tournament Help Wanted
Volunteers needed – 15 & 16 October – and summer coordination help
We’re running a Double 720 and Matchplay Tournament – Spring Fever – on 15 & 16 October.
To make the day a success, we need volunteers who can help during the day on both days:
– morning setup including scoresheets (appx 8-9am)
– collecting score information (appx 11:30am and 2:30pm)
– providing lunch for the officials at the club’s cost
– assisting with Matchplay Admin (all the hard work is done, just need someone to assist with logging results)
We run amazing tournaments but too often these tasks are left to be done by the archers who are also shooting. If you will have an hour or two to spare during the day, please let email@example.com know.
Are you a great delegator? To run events smoothly during our summer season, we have a Tournament Coordinator role – someone who can keep us organised in the future. There’s lots of support and resources available so it’s not hard and does *not* involve attending every event or dealing with committee work. We can’t succeed without this help and ideally it should come from someone who is not an active competitive archer. Please reply if you can assist.