At the club this week
Sat 29 July, 1pm Club Shoot brought you to by keyholder Paul Brislen
- No Achievement Round this week, so look out for next month’s round
- Sunday 9am Youth Line & 11am MAGS Line
- Remember keyholders can open the range at any times during our leased hours. To stay informed about keyholders on the range, please see the MGAC Outdoor Range Availabilty Group on Facebook Messenger.
NOTE: thanks to the seemingly never-ending rain, it is still VERY WET at the outdoor range. Be careful on the ramp as muddy shoes can slip, and try to limit the amount of mud tracked into the clubhouse (or grab the broom for a quick sweep of any big clumps). Gumboots are strongly recommended.
What’s on in the district
The Auckland District Archery Association (ADAA) indoor champs is on this weekend at the Mountain Green Indoor Range in Massey. That means the indoor range will be unavailable for casual shooting on Saturday and Sunday. Good luck to all our archers who are competing.
Our new committee is now in place following the AGM last Saturday. Congratulations to:
- Andrew Fong – Vice President
- Sarah Newcombe – Secretary
- Kate Fraser-House – Treasurer
- Geoff Sauvarin – Committee Member
- Janis Blake – Committee Member
- Nuala Edumdson – Committee Member
- Vinny McCartney – Committee Member
- Kelly Atkinson – Immediate Past President
And to the committee members who have stood down – we thank you for your many years of service: John Deck (past president), Meike Voigt (Club Captain), Tom Matthews, Justin Benton.
Our President and Club Captain roles are vacant and need to be urgently filled or delegated. Breaking them down into component roles includes:
- Club Championships Coordinator
- Interclub Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Website Editor
- and more
If you’d like to give back to the Club and think you could help with one of these roles, please let us know. Email Sarah at email@example.com.
New Life Member
Congratulations to Mike Smerdon, who became a life member of our club at the AGM. In voting for this life membership, our members recognised Mike’s significant contribution to our club over his 46 year membership – as past president, as one of the driving forces establishing our indoor range, as a world champion archer, and as a kind and committed coach to countless successful up and coming archers. Attached to this email is the citation which supported Mike’s nomination.
Our huge thanks to Mike for his dedication and service to our club and our sport – we are very lucky to have him!
Keep in touch
- Club Facebook page
- Reach the club on Messenger or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send anonymous feedback anytime
Have fun, and safe shooting